CRJ 499 Strayer Univeristy Wk 9 Juvenile VS Adult Court Systems Page PaperCourse
I need help with a Business Law question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
- Assignment 4: Juvenile vs. Adult Court Systems Due Week 9 and worth 75 pointsThere are differences between the juvenile and adult court systems. In this assignment, you will choose a criminal case study of your choice or you may use one from the Chronline Website. You will read and summarize the case involving the adult. Then you will examine the case from a different perspective —considering how this case would unfold differently if a juvenile had committed the crime.Read the case information and write a three (3) page paper in which you:
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Summarize the facts of the case.
- Examine how the procedure would be different if the defendant(s) were a juvenile at the time that the offense was committed.
- Identify and discuss how juvenile proceedings differ from adult criminal proceedings, and discuss the differences between an adult and a minor being charged with the same crime.
- Define the waiver process of transferring a juvenile into the adult court system.
- Assuming that the defendant in your selected case was a minor being tried as a juvenile, make recommendations for disposition and support your recommendation.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. You are encouraged to use the Strayer University Online library (https://research.strayer.edu) to locate academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- This course requires the use of the new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details. If you prefer to use APA style, discuss with your professor.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.