Disc 5 415
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
Mason, Gardner, Outlaw & O’Grady text:
Chapters 23,24, 28, 30, 31, and 38
Online Materials & Resources
- Explore: Cleveland Clinic Patient Centered Medical Home available at http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/medicine-institute/patient-centered-medical-home (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Hassmiller, S. B. & Reinhard, S. C. (2014). A bold vision for America’s health care system: The Future of Nursing report becomes a catalyst for change. Nursing Outlook, 63(1), 41-47.
- Bulson, J. A. & Bulson, T. (2011). Nursing process and critical thinking linked to disaster preparedness. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 37(5), 477-483.
- Smaldone, A. & Cullen-Drill, M. (2010). Mental health parity legislation: Understanding the pros and cons. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services, 48(9), 26-34
- Gardner, D. B. (2014). Dismantle or improve ObamaCare? Nurses must take action. Nursing Economics, 32(6), 323-326.
Select the chapter from this week’s readings that relates to your work environment and/or emergency preparedness. How do you see health policy impacting nursing practice in that arena?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.