Order Details or Assignment Requirements
Accounting assignment: Wells Fargo banking scandals as problems of representation
Wells Fargo Bank
The largest US bank by market capitalization, Wells Fargo has recently been embroiled in scandal, over creating millions of fake customer accounts without customers’ knowledge or consent. The high-profile case of Wells Fargo raises many questions about accountability, representation and control in organizations, and more specifically about accounting.
Obtain Wells Fargo’s Annual Reports from the past 3 years (2013-2015) and use them as a resource for answering the three questions below. In your response, you can consider the guiding questions and instructions included for each question.
In your opening discussion, briefly comment on the major changes in the financial position of the bank, its financial performance, and other dimensions of performance. In the narrative parts of the report, try to detect the role of cross-selling in the bank’s strategy to deliver performance.
Answer the following questions ( this is essay, Develop one text, not separate answers to the questions)
What kind of picture did the Annual Reports provide about Wells Fargo, and for whom?
1) To develop your response, consider how accounting representations relate to reality, the financial statements, and the Annual Report as a whole.( Gather further information from reports and analysis about the bank’s practices from high-quality sources (e.g. Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Bloomberg, CNN and other leading news media, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Economist).
2) Why was the bank engaging in these fraudulent activities? Consider the specific strategy of cross-selling, and the environment of performance expectations and pressures faced by a public corporation, as experienced by Wells Fargo. Discuss how these expectations are translated into accounting representations.
3) Consider the specific strategy of cross-selling, and the environment of performance expectations and pressures faced by a public corporation, as experienced by Wells Fargo. Discuss how these expectations are translated into accounting representations.
4) use the key ideas(lecture notes) and literature( reading ) I provided as your discussion basis ,
Discussion of additional relevant academic articles can further improve your
5) You can use the publicly available video of the US response. ( you try to find more relevant academic articles at least 2 to support your arguments ) Congressional hearings (especially
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJhkX74D10M with Senator Elizabeth Warren, and the long video of the
the Wells Fargo scandal, and any documents by the US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) as material to help understand the managerial practices at the bank.
6) Become aware of the representational use of accounting, and the consequences of such selective and particular representations for organizations and society
7) use the key ideas(lecture notes) and literature( reading ) I provided as your discussion basis ,
Discussion of additional relevant academic articles can further improve you
To build your response, use the key ideas and literature discussed in the lecture notes and reading material. An intensive discussion of the essential readings is a requirement for gaining great mark . Discussion of additional relevant academic articles can further improve your response
Your essay must meet above 7 requirements to answer the essay question, otherwise I will asked you rewrite.
Your essay structure is :
Introduction :(about 200 words)
Main body ( your arguments to answer below questions)( 800 words ) :your
Conclusion( about 200 words)
Place an order for the assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper delivered within the deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer throughout the order preparation period.